Calques 3D is under continual development. New releases, including bug fixes and new features, will always be available in this page, but irregularly (so keep checking the web site).
Calques 3D is distributed as a free software, under the GPL licence. It is freely available, with no limitation in time or features. However, I would like to evaluate the outcomes of such an environment in learning/teaching situations (see the call for collaboration). If you are teacher and if you are interested by working with the environment (or, simply, if you have any comment), please contact me .
The interface is available in English, French, Spanish (thanks to Nicolas Rosillo), Portuguese (thanks to Humberto Jose Bortolossi, Adelmo Ribeiro de Jesus and Alexandre Negreti) and German (thanks to Alfred Flaßhaar).
Calques 3D is delivered with a couple of default constructions. This set may change along the different versions and upgrades. Have a look at the examples page to download recent constructions distributed by me or other users.
You can download the last version of Calques 3D:
|Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable||(2 587 Kb)||The Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2005 installed.
Run this installation package before installing Calques 3D.
|Calques 3D / v2.5.0||(1 986 Kb)||Download the complete installation (includes all the different languages)|
From version 2.5.0 onward, Calques 3D has been developed using Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 (VC++ 8), instead of VC++ 6. A new set of DLLs is required (notably for the MFC library, enabling the Windows graphical user interface). Most of them should be already installed on your computer, as they are now widely used. But if the software is not running properly, download the redistributable package and run it.
Calques 3D runs under Windows (tested on Windows 98, Windows 2000 and Windows XP).
The installer is using Microsoft Setup system which should already be installed on your computer. If there is a problem, let me know.
Latest Version of Calques 3D
- Calques 3D is now developed using Microsoft Visual C++ 2008.
- Added support for a new 3D-mouse device, the SpaceNavigator. See the instructions about usage and configuration.
- Added a German version of the interface (thanks to Alfred Flaßhaar).
- Changed the way multiple languages are supported. The various translations of the interface are now available as separate DLLs, in conjunction with a stand-alone executable containing the default English interface.
Note that only one translated DLL will be installed on your computer, depending on which language you chose at installation. Although possible, Calques 3D does not allow a change of language at run-time (to avoid a clash with the interface layout saved in registry by the BCGControl library).
- Fixed bug in the display of Z-aligned lines in the OpenGL view.
- Changed the navigation interface of the option dialog box to a tree-like widget.
- Switched to latest version of the MFC Grid Control (v2.26) external library.
- Cleaned and improved internal data structure (for easier migration to proper open-source code in the future).
See the history for more information about the different versions, new features and bug fixes.